Various Handcrafted Products That Can Be Made From Hessian FabricDecember 8, 2016
Cut two-inch wide strips in lengths of at least 18-inch lengths. Coil the strips into a circle and secure the periodically with hand stitches of matching thread or craft glue. You can twist the fabric as you coil to increase the dimensional effects of the flowers. Just be certain that the centre is tightly wound. Glue or sew a bead in the centre to enhance the flowers' appearance if you so desire.
2. Table Runners
Another handcrafted product that is ideal from burlap cloth is a table runner. For this you will need a length of Hessian fabric that is about eight inches longer that the length of your table in order for you to allow it to overhang at each end. Judge the width of the fabric according to the width of your table, but you can show bare table on each side of it. Trim this fabric with lace ribbon either by sewing the ribbon onto it or gluing it on with washable fabric glue.
A simple, rustic wreath is possible with the use of one wire hanger and one yard of Hessian cloth. You cut the cloth lengthwise into two-inch wide strips. Open the hanger up by untwisting the wires just under the hook and create a circle with it but leave it open ended until you add the burlap strips. Accordion fold each strip of cloth and poke the wire through the centre of each section. Fill up the wire and wrap the ends of the wire around each other to close the circle. Cover this section by moving the Hessian cloth over it.
Create sachets from Hessian or burlap fabric by cutting circles, hearts or other shapes no larger than three inches by five inches for easy inclusion in your drawers to keep your clothes smelling pleasant. Each sachet requires two pieces of cloth, washable fabric glue and potpourri. Apply glue around the perimeter of one piece of the cloth, leaving off a section for an opening. Set the other piece on top of it and press well. Allow the sachets to dry completely before filling them with potpourri. Glue the opening shut. Once the glue dries they are ready for use.
To obtain quality Hessian fabric for these and other handcrafted projects, contact Lowinsacks at your earliest convenience. We carry this fabric in a wide assortment of popular colours.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Various Handcrafted Products That Can Be Made From Hessian Fabric
- Why Should Supermarkets Use Recyclable Bags Instead of Plastic Bags?
- How Hessian Fabrics Can Be Helpful in Your Household
- Jute Fibre and Fabric Properties: What Makes it Durable?
- Reusable Bags versus Paper Bags
- Benefits of Calico Bags for Retailers and Merchandisers
- What Type of Material is used to Make Hessian Fabric?
- Hessian Cloth Can Be Used for Rustic Chic Wedding and Home Decor Designs
- Jute Bags Versus Cotton Bags: What Are the Differences?
- Hessian Cloth Can Be Used as Materials for Advertising
- Choose the Right Bags for Your Business
- Woven Polypropylene Bags and Its Significance in Agriculture and Horticulture
- Tips on the Care and Cleaning of Hessian Cloths
- Why Plastic Grocery Bags Should Be Replaced by Reusable Bags
- Why Woven Polypropylene Bags Are Called Environment Friendly Packaging
- What Makes Jute Bags Better Than Paper Bags?
- Hessian Sacks Can Be Recycled for Beautiful DIY Arts and Crafts
- The Many Benefits of Using Polypropylene Sacks for Fresh Produce
- Printed Calico Bags: A Fashion Statement for Businesses That Represent Good Image
- Jute Bags: Trendy and Nature-Friendly Fashion Appeal
- Comfortable Sack Beds and Mattresses for Your Pet Dogs
- Recyclable Polypropylene Bags from Lowin Sacks
- The Versatility and Uses of Calico Bags
- What Are Jute Bags?