Eco-Friendly Properties of Hessian FabricMarch 29, 2017
Not only is Hessian sourced from cheap, sustainable, and readily grown plants, but it requires very little tending and takes up very little room for something that gives out a large yield. Beyond its sustainable nature, Hessian fabric is also completely biodegradable. Unlike modern biodegradable plastics, which require anywhere from several years to a decade to completely degrade and become part of the soil.
Hessian fabric degrades in a much shorter period of time than plastic bags, and it is able to be assimilated into the soil completely. In spite of its biodegradable nature, however, Hessian fabric does not skimp on durability, and it is a remarkably strong packaging material that can take the rigours of daily wear and tear. Its versatility even extends to its use in the sartorial and fashion industry as a cheaper alternative to denim.
Like most durable fabrics, Hessian material tends to wear out with age, becoming thinner, softer, and more breathable, without compromising its strength. It is capable of holding its own even if it is exposed to moisture and the elements. It really is an ideal packaging material for goods that require strong containers and that allow for some degree of breathability, and for cushioning goods like fruits, vegetables, and grains efficiently during transportation.
The material is also an excellent alternative to high-end fabrics because it provides the perfect combination of durability and stylishness. What’s more, no more worrying about proper disposal because unlike plastic bags, Hessian material can be re-purposed for all types of household use.
If you are looking to go green, then ditch plastics and opt for Hessian fabric packaging instead, and you can find everything you need and more, such as calico bags, jut bags, and woven polypropylene bags and tubing, at Lowinsacks.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How are Hessian Fabrics Produced?
- A Brief History of Hessian Fabric
- Benefits of Using Hessian Fabric for Christmas Decorations
- Fabric Painting Using Hessian Cloth
- Is Hessian Fabric Flammable?
- Polypropylene: What Makes This Plastic Sustainable?
- Cute Hessian Ribbon Ideas for Scrapbook Decorations
- Hessian Fabric for Your Home Window Treatments
- Why Jute Bags are Considered as Earth-Friendly
- Calico Drawstring Bags for Laundry Use
- Party Fun and Game Ideas Using Hessian Sacks
- Hessian Cloth and Lace Design Ideas for the Home
- Why Woven Polypropylene Bags are Suitable for Packaging
- Qualities of Woven Polypropylene Bags
- Differences between Woven Polypropylene and Hessian Sacks
- Versatile Uses of Hessian Sandbags
- Top 5 Reasons Why We Should Go for Sustainable Packaging and Get Rid of Plastic
- Different Ways of Designing Your Calico Bags
- Eco-Friendly Properties of Hessian Fabric
- Differences between Cotton and Jute Bags?
- How to Spot Superior Quality Hessian Cloth
- Why Is It Ideal for Vegetables and Fruit Produce to Be Inside Hessian Sacks Instead of Plastic?
- Clean and Green Packaging without the Plastic Materials
- Hessian Fabric for Upholstery
- Various Handcrafted Products That Can Be Made From Hessian Fabric
- Why Should Supermarkets Use Recyclable Bags Instead of Plastic Bags?
- View all articles…