Qualities of Woven Polypropylene BagsJune 15, 2017
These days, plastic bags have a bad reputation because they are non-recyclable and have long been associated with pollution. They likewise have a long-standing reputation of being flimsy and not at all suited for rough, repeated daily use. Plastic bags are also infamously known for being flimsy and easily damaged, which has adds to its ‘use-and-discard’ stigma and its non-environmentally friendly reputation.
However, a growing demand for Eco-friendly and durable plastic packaging has inspired the creation of the woven polypropylene bag. Unlike most standard bags made only of cut and seam-bonded plastic sheets, woven polypropylene bags deliver the extra amount of durability, resilience, and strength that has regular plastic packaging beat hands-down. As its name suggest, these woven bags are made by weaving together threads, cords, or thin plastic fibres into sheeting.
Another alternative method of creating these bags is the integration of thin plastic films into a fabric backing, which further adds to its durability.
Woven Polypropylene Bags are Superior to Traditional Plastic Bags
Among the two types available, the first variant, which is exclusively comprised of plastic cordage or fibre that is woven into a fabric-like mesh, is the most popular variety. Just as lightweight as your average plastic bag, but with that extra bit of durability that is a must for the rigours of daily use. These not only function as stylish shopping bags that can be reused time and again, but are also ideal for the stringent and often unforgiving needs of the packaging industry.
A more ‘water-resistant’ alternative to cloth bags and sacks, woven polypropylene bags can also be used to store perishable goods like grains, legumes, fruits, nuts, and vegetables. However, unlike the gunny sacks that are also quite popular, they have a longer lifespan and require less maintenance; they also have a greater resistance to tearing or rotting. If employed to transport moist or wet goods, they also do not have a propensity to develop moulds or keep unsightly odours.
Woven polypropylene bags are also easily washed and disinfected, making them the ideal low-fuss, to-go packing material. So, if you’re looking for a great resource for this, or any other retail or wholesale packaging product or solution, shop at Lowin, we are your go-to solution for your every packaging need!
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How are Hessian Fabrics Produced?
- A Brief History of Hessian Fabric
- Benefits of Using Hessian Fabric for Christmas Decorations
- Fabric Painting Using Hessian Cloth
- Is Hessian Fabric Flammable?
- Polypropylene: What Makes This Plastic Sustainable?
- Cute Hessian Ribbon Ideas for Scrapbook Decorations
- Hessian Fabric for Your Home Window Treatments
- Why Jute Bags are Considered as Earth-Friendly
- Calico Drawstring Bags for Laundry Use
- Party Fun and Game Ideas Using Hessian Sacks
- Hessian Cloth and Lace Design Ideas for the Home
- Why Woven Polypropylene Bags are Suitable for Packaging
- Qualities of Woven Polypropylene Bags
- Differences between Woven Polypropylene and Hessian Sacks
- Versatile Uses of Hessian Sandbags
- Top 5 Reasons Why We Should Go for Sustainable Packaging and Get Rid of Plastic
- Different Ways of Designing Your Calico Bags
- Eco-Friendly Properties of Hessian Fabric
- Differences between Cotton and Jute Bags?
- How to Spot Superior Quality Hessian Cloth
- Why Is It Ideal for Vegetables and Fruit Produce to Be Inside Hessian Sacks Instead of Plastic?
- Clean and Green Packaging without the Plastic Materials
- Hessian Fabric for Upholstery
- Various Handcrafted Products That Can Be Made From Hessian Fabric
- Why Should Supermarkets Use Recyclable Bags Instead of Plastic Bags?
- View all articles…