How to Spot Superior Quality Hessian ClothFebruary 21, 2017
There are varying qualities of Hessian fabric, with each variation being meant for a specific purpose – whether for industrial or fashion applications and the like. The lowest grade of Hessian cloth, called gunny cloth, is made from a combination of rough jute and other organic fibres, woven thickly and coarsely, so as to create a tough, rough, and often heavy material (called ‘burlap’ in many places) that can handle extended amounts of rough handling and wear.
Such types of Hessian cloth are not ideal for use in fashion accessories like bags, but may prove to be an excellent choice for Hessian-covered footwear such as preppy-looking sandals and flip-flops. Rough-spun Hessian cloth is ideal, however, for industrial purposes such as the creation of sacks, the backing of rugs and carpets, as well as the creation of ‘breathable’ tarps and outdoor camping gear.
The finer varieties of Hessian cloths are typically thinner and feature a finer and more delicate weave. They typically comprise of softened jute fibres which may be dyed or left in a natural state, but which have been considerably softened due to mechanical agitation, chemical softeners, or some other medium that makes the fibres thinner, without compromising its overall toughness or resilience.
Finer types of Hessian cloth are often chosen for high-quality packaging material and can be typically found in cosmetic shops, but are likewise slowly becoming a staple of casual fashion. Because top-grade Hessian cloth retains much of the coarser fabric’s durability, it has of late become an excellent alternative for denim and gabardine. In the hands of expert tailors and fashion designers, high quality Hessian material can be made into stunning clothes that can rival even more established and favoured fabrics.
Of course, the applications of top-quality Hessian fabric in the industrial field are likewise undiminished by its quality. It fact, finer quality Hessian cloth is more desirable as a means of transporting goods, chiefly because of its higher quality, allowing buyers to actually put the cloth to good use beyond its purpose of mere product packaging.
If you’re interested in an excellent resource such as high-quality Hessian cloth, for every imaginable purpose or application, then visit lowin.com.au.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Hessian Cloth and Lace Design Ideas for the Home
- Why Woven Polypropylene Bags are Suitable for Packaging
- Qualities of Woven Polypropylene Bags
- Differences between Woven Polypropylene and Hessian Sacks
- Versatile Uses of Hessian Sandbags
- Top 5 Reasons Why We Should Go for Sustainable Packaging and Get Rid of Plastic
- Different Ways of Designing Your Calico Bags
- Eco-Friendly Properties of Hessian Fabric
- Differences between Cotton and Jute Bags?
- How to Spot Superior Quality Hessian Cloth
- Why Is It Ideal for Vegetables and Fruit Produce to Be Inside Hessian Sacks Instead of Plastic?
- Clean and Green Packaging without the Plastic Materials
- Hessian Fabric for Upholstery
- Various Handcrafted Products That Can Be Made From Hessian Fabric
- Why Should Supermarkets Use Recyclable Bags Instead of Plastic Bags?
- View all articles…