Why Is It Ideal for Vegetables and Fruit Produce to Be Inside Hessian Sacks Instead of Plastic?February 7, 2017
From freeze-dried and dehydrated foodstuffs that retain their edibility, nearly perpetually, to vacuum-sealed packages that maintain the freshness and crispness of vegetables, and even to pre-packaged convenience-type produce that require no cutting or slicing to be employed in cooking, humanity has definitely come a long way. But there are some types of produce that cannot be sold canned, dried, freeze-dried, or vacuum sealed.
Anyone who enjoys to cook and who loves food in general knows that nothing beats fresh fruits and veggies. Unfortunately, getting them fresh, blemish-free, and in one piece can prove to be difficult. In fact, by the time an average delivery of fruits or vegetables reach their destined grocery isle, as much as 20% of all of these materials will have been damaged and unfit for sale, resulting in a considerable waste of money and resources.
One of the reasons why so much produce is wasted or damaged during transport is due to the modern packaging materials employed to store them. Plastic bins and bags may be resilient and waterproof, but they are not exactly ideal for the long-term storage of transported produce, since it lacks natural pores which allow the fruits and vegetables to breathe, which would reduce the rate at which they spoil.
Furthermore, plastic bags and containers aren’t exactly the ‘softest’ materials in the market, and these do not provide the same type of cushioning and insulation as natural containers like Hessian sacks. Unlike the non-porous plastic, Hessian sacks aren’t only softer, but they also allow produce to breathe, helping cool air circulate. This ensures that issues such as soggy leaves, bruised peels, and premature ripening or rotting are avoided. Hessian sacks are likewise very durable, and while they are not water-proof, they are biodegradable and 100% reusable.
If you’re a trading company or transport service that needs a reliable, eco-friendly, reusable, and ideal way to store fruits and vegetables for the long haul, check out lowin.com.au – your primary resource for Hessian sacks and other fabric-based industrial-grade transportation packaging.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Hessian Cloth and Lace Design Ideas for the Home
- Why Woven Polypropylene Bags are Suitable for Packaging
- Qualities of Woven Polypropylene Bags
- Differences between Woven Polypropylene and Hessian Sacks
- Versatile Uses of Hessian Sandbags
- Top 5 Reasons Why We Should Go for Sustainable Packaging and Get Rid of Plastic
- Different Ways of Designing Your Calico Bags
- Eco-Friendly Properties of Hessian Fabric
- Differences between Cotton and Jute Bags?
- How to Spot Superior Quality Hessian Cloth
- Why Is It Ideal for Vegetables and Fruit Produce to Be Inside Hessian Sacks Instead of Plastic?
- Clean and Green Packaging without the Plastic Materials
- Hessian Fabric for Upholstery
- Various Handcrafted Products That Can Be Made From Hessian Fabric
- Why Should Supermarkets Use Recyclable Bags Instead of Plastic Bags?
- View all articles…